Doctor of Philosophy in Public Affairs (Ph.D.), University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, USA (2009)
Master of Science (M.S.) in Administration of Criminal Justice, School of Justice Studies, Roger Williams University, RI, USA (2006)
Awards and Honors
- Best Practices in Substance Use Prevention projects with Social Activities Project by European Center for Drug and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA), 2012
- Best Practices in Substance Use Prevention projects with Peer Support Project by European Center for Drug and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA), 2011
- Best Dissertation Nominee to the Association of Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM – USA) by University of Central Florida, USA, 2009
Project and Research experience
- Collecting data about crisis management in extreme events, particularly refugee influx in Turkey.
- Designed and implemented more than 20 drug prevention projects in Istanbul between 2009-2014
- Designed and held the largest Youth Survey in Turkey in 2010
- Collected data, analyzed and reported the findings to the Ninth Judicial Circuit in Orange County, Orland Florida in 2006, in the project of Escalation of Juvenile Crime and Incarceration of Juveniles
Field of Expertise
- Administered and supervised personnel in government sector for more than sixteen years.
- Published peer review articles and government reports on policy/program analysis.
- Wrote project proposals and administered grants totaling more than 3 million US$.
- Designed and implemented community outreach programs in Istanbul.
- Evaluated and monitored youth projects for the Turkish National Agency.
- Collected data, analyzed cases and published findings in peer review journals about manmade/natural disasters and crisis management issues.
- Have advanced level statistical knowledge in SPSS, SEM, MPlus, AMOS, Stata, DEA and have ability to report findings for academic and administrative purposes.
- Thought courses at universities in Turkey and abroad; gave seminars and run workshops at national and international levels.
Turkish (Mother tongue), English (Fluent), and Arabic (Beginner level)
Updated April, 2017